Your hosts at the Farm-Hotel Heydalur pick you up from your hotel in Reykjavík and drive you to the accommodation in the very remote Fjord Mjóifjörður in the West fjords. Heydalur is a great base for tours and excursions to experience the wild and untouched Icelandic arctic nature.
The Farm-Hotel Heydalur offers a relaxing and a quiet environment, delicious local food and a variety of activities e.g. hiking, cross-country skiing, ice fishing etc. Be on the lookout for the northern lights every night!
As a guest at Heydalur you have free access to the geothermal pools and a sauna. All rooms at the hotel have private facilities.
Professional guide will accompany you on the day tours and the program is flexible, depending on weather and the guest’s wishes.
Duration: 7 Days / 6 Nights
Departure: 3. - 7. des and 9. - 13. des
Minimum number of participants 2, maximum 16.
Minium age 12 years – suitable for well-travelled children.
*Please note that arrival in Iceland can be on a Friday but the transfer to the Westfjords is not available on Saturdays, further information available upon request.
Day 1: Arrival
Arrival at Keflavík Airport and transfer to your hotel in Reykjavík.
Day 2: Drive to the West fjords - Settlement Centre – Waterfalls
You’ll be picked up at 10:00 am from your hotel and the trip to the westfjords begins. At Borgarnes village we’ll visit the Settlement Centre to learn about the settlement if Iceland in the Viking Age. Next stop will be at the hot water spring Deildartunguhver before heading to the waterfalls Hraunfossar (Lava falls) and Barnafoss (Children’s falls). The drive to the Farm-Hotel Heydalur takes about 6-7 hours in total.
Upon arrival the hosts at the Farm-Hotel will show you your room and the facilities before serving you a delicious dinner, where emphasis is put on local ingredients.
Day 3 – 5: Flexible program around Heydalur
We have a few guided tours and excursions lined up for you, however as the weather is a deciding factor, the order of the tours is not set until the same day.
Following tours are on the agenda:
- A day tour to the capital of the Westfjords, Ísafjörður. On this tour we’ll visit the small Folk Museum Litli Bær and the Arctic Fox Centre in Súðavík.
- Hiking tour or a cross-country skiing tour to the Drangajökull glacier.
- Hiking tour in the area surrounding the hotel, horse riding tour (only available in the autumn) or ice fishing tour in the winter.
- Lookout for the Northern lights hunting every evening.
Day 6: Witchcraft & sorcery – Reykjavík
Today a driver takes you back to Reykjavík, but on the way we stop at the Witchcraft and sorcery exhibition in the tiny village Hólmavík. Arrival in Reykjavík in the afternoon for a check in at your hotel.
Day 7: Departure
Transfer to Keflavík Airport and departure OR prolong your stay in Reykjavík. You might want to join a guided day tour to the Geysers and waterfalls. Esja Travel will suggest a variety of available activities from Reykjavík. Information upon request.
Price available on request
- 6 nights including breakfast in rooms with private facilities. Free access to the hotel’s geothermal pool and the sauna.
- Full board during the stay in Heydalur. Breakfast only in Reykjavík.
- Airport transfers.
- Returning transfer Reykjavík – Heydalur.
- Guided day tour to Ísafjörður.
- Guided hiking tour or cross country skiing to the Drangsjökull glacier.
- Ice fishing tour in the winter or horse-riding tour in the autumn or hiking tour around Heydalur.
- Northern lights hunts in the evening.
- Entrance fees:
- Settlement Centre in Borgarnes.
- Litli Bær Folk Museum.
- Arctic Fox Centre in Súðavík.
- Witchcraft and Sorcery Exhibition in Hólmavík.
- VAT & Lodging tax.
Esja Travel supports - the Icelandic Environment Association Landvernd with a EUR 5 donation for every traveller booked on a package tour.
Prolong your stay in Reykjavík:
September – October
Price per person sharing a double room EUR 95 per night, incl. breakfast.
Price per single room EUR 150 incl. breakfast.
November – April
Price per person sharing a double room EUR 80 per night, incl. breakfast.
Price per single room EUR 125 incl. breakfast.