Anyone can get acquainted with Iceland on their own terms, and we offer you a variety of self-drive tours in Iceland with pre-booked
services. The rental car awaits you at the airport and your accommodation is booked for you in advance.
We might also be able to assist you with your flight booking.
We have put together a variety of self-drive tours of varying duration, designed to meet most expectations of what a dream vacation in Iceland should include. Some of the packages can be booked throughout the year, other are restricted to the summer months due to weather and/or road conditions.
Our self-drive tours can be divided into categories, please click on the links below or to the left for our tour page.
Self-drive tours with hikes along the coast
Accessible by normal car. Travel season April to November:
· 8 days – Hikers Paradise Along the South
Coast of Iceland.
· 10 days – Hikers Paradise in the South and the West of Iceland.
· 15 days – Hikers Paradise around Iceland.
· 22 days – The Grand Tour of the Hikers Paradise Iceland including the Westfjords - we are working on this - for inquiries please click here.
Self-drive tours with hikes and highland destinations
4x4-vehicles required. The travel season depend on the opening dates of the highland roads, from mid-June till October. PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE WORKING ON THESE TOURS, PLEASE SEND US AN INQUIRY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY OF THEM.
· 8 days – Hikes and Highland Destinations in South Iceland
· 10 days – Hikes and Highland Destinations Through the South and the West of Iceland.
· 15 days – Hikes and Highland Destinations Around Iceland.
Self-drive tours along the coast following the ring road
Accessible by normal car. Travel season all year with a few exeptions, see each tour description.
· 8 days – The South Coast of Iceland.
· 8 days – Through the Southwest of Iceland.
· 8 days – An Introduction to Iceland.
· 8 days – Through North Iceland.
· 11 days - Along the Ring Road Around Iceland.
· 15 days – Along the Ring Road at a Relaxed Pace.
· 15 days – The Grand Tour of Iceland including the Westfjords.
· 22 days – The Grand Tour of Iceland including the Westfjords at a relaxed Pace.
Self-drive tours with highland destinations
4x4-vehicles required. The travel season depends on the opening dates of the highland roads, from mid-Juni till October.
· 8 days – Across Iceland on the Highland Routes Kjölur and
· 11 days – Across Iceland on the Highland Route Sprengisandur and through the East.
· 11 days – Across Iceland on the Highland Route Kjölur and through the East.
· 15 days – The Grand Tour Around Iceland and through the Interior.
If you decide on a tour without a 4x4 vehicle, day tours to different highland destinations by bus or super jeeps can easily be added to your program. These include destinations and highlights such as Landmannalaugar, Þórsmörk, Laki and Askja.
You might also want to add a few days of highland to your tour by a regular car by switching to a 4WD vehicle in Reykjavík. Further information about an additional excursion to Iceland's highland upon request.
We provide suggestions for a wide variety of activities along your route, such as glacier hikes, river rafting, riding tours and whale watching, just to name a few.
Furthermore we assist you with tips on what to do in Iceland and what time of the year would be best to fulfill your wishes and make your trip to Iceland a unique and memorable experience.
If you are unable to find your dream tour of Iceland, we would be more than happy to make you an offer for a custom made tour. Don‘t hesitate to send us an inquiry about your dream journey to Iceland.